Visiting First Church?
We're Happy to Have You!
Whether you are or visitor to the area or seeking a church home, you are very welcome at First Church. Below are some items which will help you prepare for your time with us. For a more complete view of other activities and ministries, feel free to explore specific ministries of interest thoughout the website.
1. CHOOSE A SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICE — TRADITIONAL WORSHIP SERVICES are held in the Meetinghouse at 8:45 and 10:30 a.m. (summer, 9:00 a.m.), and our WIND CONTEMPORARY SERVICE is held in Keith Jones Hall at 10:30 a.m (year-round). On your first visit, it's best to arrive about 15 minutes early, or 30 minutes early if you need time to find your children's classroom locations. We also offer a SUNDAY EVENING CONTEMPORARY SERVICE at 6:30 p.m. For details on any of these services, click here.
2. PARKING — Our parking lot is located at 250 Main Street and includes marked spots for seniors, handicapped persons, and visitors. We suggest arriving at least 15 minutes prior to the service time for easier parking. There is also ample parking in areas around the church. For additional parking options, click here.
3. COME ON IN! — The Cadwell Building serves as the main entrance from the parking lot. A receptionist is available to answer questions and guide you toward the Meetinghouse (for the traditional service) or Keith Jones Hall (for the Wind contemporary service), as well as locations for young people—Crib Room, childcare, Church School, Collision (Confirmation class), and the high school group. Maps of the church facility are also available at the Reception Desk.
• WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE MET at the door? Simply call Marilyn Danielson in advance (during weekday office hours) at 860.529.1575, x213.
4. WORSHIP — Greeters will welcome you to the service, and ushers will give you a Bulletin outlining the service and help you find a seat. Near the beginning, everyone is invited to greet one another; you will not be singled out as a visitor. Worship consists of prayer, music, a biblical sermon, and an offering. Communion is offered on the first Sunday of each month as well as during special services thoughout the year.
5. LET US HELP YOU — Following the service, in the Chapel, an opportunity for personal prayer is available. Members of our trained Prayer Team will meet you in a private, confidential manner and pray with you about a personal concerns or to answer questions from the service. The ushers are located at the doors as you exit the worship service and can direct you to the Chapel.
We'd be happy to answer those questions that you still have. Please call Marilyn Danielson at the church at 860.529.1575.